Monday, July 12, 2010

Heavy Gear - Free Loot Painted Up Pt. 1

With summer in full swing here in Ontario I've a variety of distractions to keep me away from painting. Whether it be soccer (the World Cup over the past month, the trials and tribulations of my beloved Reds Toronto FC, or actually playing in my work league) to getting out of the city and to the cottage every weekend, paiting minis has taken a bit of a back seat. However, I've managed to paint the first pack of mini winnings from the recent CanGames tournement. I present to you the results of painting up the Bobcat 2-Pack:






In-game, the Bobcat are found in UMFA and WFPA armies and are considered a downgrade of the Cheetah; I don't really see it that way. What I do see is a Gear that meets in the middle between the Hunter and the Cheetah, sacrificing some of it's Def and Detect and ECM features for increased armour. It still keeps the TD, which makes it a good mid-range spotter to paint targets in a combined-arms role for those friendly units with Guided weapons. Bobcats can also zip around in Ground Movement with good Def modifiers, keeping it alive to both claim objectives and tag find those targets your enemy has cleverly kept out of the line of fire.

1 comment: