Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heavy Gear - Sleeping with the Enemy, Part 2.

I have a confession to make. I have a dirty little secret I want to tell you about. That skeleton in my closet is that I love the Naga. I know, I know, with all the posts on this blog dedicated to my Northern forces, you've gotta be thinking "how can you give those dirty Southern snakes some love?!?!"

But really, the Naga is a Northern unit in a round Southern striders's chassis. It's those ATMs really, which go against the Southern doctorine of rocking lasers at the expense of guided weapons. Plus I've always been a fan of Metal Gear Solid, and the Naga is Heavy Gear's Rex. See the Dark Naga to really get a feel for what I'm talking about, and the reason I need to play more PL4 games!

But since I already have a Long Fang version of the Naga, I thought it would be just as useful to have a vanilla version as well. One day I may be a double agent I suppose. Here's the result's of my painting:




When played well, Naga's can be the bane of the opposition player's existence. Hidden cleverly, you'll get bonuses of attacked from above and can't see your attacker levelled against you, and if the Naga goes stationary, the bonuses double. Just the thing to screw over your once carefully-plotted tactics!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful piece. Did you paint it up with a particular regiment in mind, or just "iconic" Southern colors?

    ReplyDelete